Tuesday 1 July 2014

Teddy Bear Shortbread Biscuits

If you go down in the woods today this is what you’ll find…
Mini Chef and Big Chef baking Teddy shortbread biscuits this morning!

Now that Ela is a little bit bigger I thought she could help to bake some biscuits with me. She loves doing things like this, and playing with little parts, watching what I do and of course loves sitting on the kitchen worktops!
Now the recipe I’m about to share was given too me from my nan which was given to her from her mum… I practised baking these biscuits so much when I was younger and can still never get it to a nanny taste, but their much better than when I first started.
Want to to know how to make these simple fun biccies? Then here’s how;


Ingredients;
1 1/2 cup of plain flour
1 cup of marge/butter
1/2 cup of sugar
Method;
1. Sift your flour then pour in sugar in to a mixing bowl.
2. Add your marge/butter and knead with hand till it forms a moist dough. At first it will resemble a breadcrumby texture but keep going.
3. Sprinkle flour on to your work top and rolling pin, then roll out your biscuit dough so that it’s not to thin but not to thick.
4. Use any shape biscuit cutters to cut out your biscuits.
5. Butter your baking tin, so biscuits wont stick, and place the biscuit shapes on top.
6. Set oven to 180 Degrees gas mark 4, and bake until golden brown, roughly 12-15 mins.
7. Leave to cool.
Yes that is it! Such a easy recipe, you can decorate these and get creative with whatever you like, we added some sweet icing on top .



This is how we made the icing;
Mix icing sugar and water till the texture is smooth but not to runny and not to thick.
Add food colouring to create glossy sweet fun.

Hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment