Tuesday 1 July 2014

Cussons Mum&Me Baby Bath To Comfort Snuffles – Product Review.

I was given this Cussons Mum&Me Baby Bath product to review. I hadn’t tried this baby bath before, or heard of it! I do know Cussons&Me are a great brand and supply various ranges, throughout pregnancy, becoming a new mum and for baby also. I personally loved their pregnancy products when I was expecting, I Just HAD to have my Mist Spray and their magic pot of Stretch mark prevention cream.
My daughter has been teething lately and has been suffering with a snuffly nose, so this is a great  time for me to review this particular product.
First thing I noticed with the product was it specifically states on the bottle that;
1.It contains Menthol. Which is the scent that will help to clear snuffles and blocked noses.
2. It is Hypoallergic. Which is super because I’m sure most parents do worry what products to use on their babies skin in case they have a reaction to it.
3. It’s Paediatrician approved. Meaning it must have been tried and tested by the professionals,. This helps to reassure you that this product is of quality and that because it’s been approved then you can trust it.
Once I poured the liquid in to the running bath water I was instantly hit with a mild to strong fragrance of Menthol, but it wasn’t too heavy or overpowering. It was lovely as it wasn’t so overpowering that it would burn or sting your nostrils, but was a perfect amount to open up your airways and get your breath back through your nose. And this was what it was only doing to me, so I could imagine how it would be with my daughter and her stuffed nose!
I swirled my hand in the bath as instructed by the bottle, and instant foamy bubble appeared, my daughter loves her bubbles!
Once the bath water was ready I plonked my daughter in to the Menthol bubblyness. She instantly picked up her pink sponge and sniffed it! Great response! She could defiantly smell the Menthol. I left her to splash and play before I washed her. I did wonder if by washing her normally with her normal was and shampoo whether the menthol would linger in her hair or skin after?
After my daughter had been washed and rinsed I lifted her out and wrapped her snugly in to her towel. I could instantly feel the smoothness that the bubble bath had left on her skin as it was slicker than usual and smooth.
I got her dressed in her pyjamas, the Menthol I noticed hadn’t lingered on her skin or hair, which is lovely as I can’t stand when the smell of mint, tea tree or menthol lingers on you for days etc.
I did notice however the change on my daughters face, her nose was unblocked and her eyes didn’t look as watery. She honestly didn’t have any sniffles or snuffles. It had seemed that the bath had really relaxed and calmed her making her very sleepy. Normally she would play for an extra hour and a half to play, read bedtime stories and drink her milk, but as soon as we were back downstairs she put her dummy in and cuddled her blanket laying down on the settee. It wasn’t 20 minuets before she had drifted off into a calming sleep and didn’t wake up once in the night till 8.00am! I was really surprised and relieved that just this baby bath has helped her to have a decent night sleep instead of waking up with a runny or blocked nose.
I really love this Baby Bath, and it is relieving to know that this product is available as it really does the trick when it comes to helping your baby or child when they are suffering with the snuffles. I was advised by the doctor to sit in the bathroom with a hot tap or shower on and let the steam help clear the mucus, but this is a million times better! I trust this product knowing that it has worked and it has been approved by Pediatricians, and that it hasn’t left my baby red raw or with a skin reaction.
Plus my great gran has been using Cussons since the 60′s!
I would defiantly give this product 5 stars, because of the quality shown.
I can’t find any improvements needed or anything that I would change about this product.
Even my daughters father uses this and has asked me to buy it regularly.
Brilliant baby bath all family round.
Cussons Mum&Me Baby Bath To Comfort Snuffles is sold at any of your local supermarkets, prices may vary.

Asda £3.49 for 300ml (May be subject to change from date given.)

No comments:

Post a Comment