Wednesday 2 July 2014

Homemade Play Oven

I made a handmade play oven for my little girl, she's now at the age where she loves role play. She loves feeding her dolls and teddies, talking to nanny on her play phone, playing with bowls and wooden spoons and dressing up too!




So I came up with the idea of making her a play oven by searching for one in Argos and around the internet, but I found them very over priced for a piece of plastic. I treated Ela to a childs magazine that came with some small baking utencils, and in the back there was an idea to suggest making your own play oven.

So that's exactly what I did! It may not be the swankiest play oven you've ever seen, but for an 18 month old it was a lovely suprise and it kept her busy for ages!


 

 

Here is how I made it;

1. Square cardboard box
2. Tin foil
3. Coloured Card
4. Sellotape
5. Bottle tops
6. Stickers
7. Scissors or Knife

Cut a half a square shape in to the box for the door.
Cover the box in the tinfoil, cut four different sized circles for the hobs to go on top. Sellotape or glue these on.
Sellotape or glue on the bottle tops for the oven buttons and place on thew door along with some stickers.

And that is literally how easy it is to do. The rest is up to your imagination!







No comments:

Post a Comment