Yes you did read that title right, Fish&Chip Pie!!
Whoever invented such a recipe is a genius! Absolutely covered in carbs, and looks like just the yummiest meal ever!
I found this recipe whilst browsing on SAHM website and I just had to share it!
So here it is;
- Serves 6
- Prep time 25mins
- Difficulty = Easy
750 grams thin frozen chips
2 large potatoes
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
3/4 cup grated cheese
1. Pre heat oven to 170 degrees
2. Peel and roughly dice potatoes and place in 2 cups of salted boiling water. Boil for 10 mins or until soft, when pricked with a fork. Drain water and add butter and milk, mash until smooth.
3. Line a rectangular baking dish with a single layer of fish fingers, smooth 2 tablespoons of mash potato ( this holds the fish fingers and chips together), over the fish fingers, top with a layer of chip then sprinkle with cheese.
4. Then layer the fish fingers, thin layer of mash, layer of chips, then cheese and repeat the process until finished.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with salad or veg. :-)